OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Two people have been taken into custody after a man’s body was found inside a burning car in Oklahoma City.
On Oct. 4, officers were called to a reported car on fire in the 1000 block of S.W. 104th St.
Once the fire was extinguished, officials discovered a body inside the vehicle.
The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner’s Office identified the victim as 42-year-old Richard Pierce. Investigators noted that Pierce sustained injuries consistent with a homicide before the fire was started.
Authorities arrested 28-year-old Johnathon Erickson and 27-year-old Kristina Franz on a complaint of first-degree murder.
If you have any information on the case, call the Homicide Tip Line at (405) 297-1200.
- More details in SE Oklahoma City officer-involved shooting Sunday
- Stimulus update: Pelosi, Mnuchin ‘narrow differences’ ahead of House speaker’s Tuesday deadline
- ‘It brings happy tears to my eyes’: Best friend reunion at pumpkin patch goes viral
- CVS hiring several thousand work-from-home employees among 15,000 openings
- 13 horses killed in crash on Missouri highway