This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) — Police have now charged two men in connection to the death of a 15-year-old who was found dead in a ravine at a NW OKC apartment complex last week. 

“Finally, the detective says okay, well we do have a suspect,” Santan Cisneros told News 4. 

On Wednesday, one week after Cisneros’ good friend’s son, 15-year-old Xzavion Delton, died in a NW OKC ravine, there is a big break in the case. 

Two men, Leon Granger and Latrell Nelson, are now facing charges for Delton’s murder. 

Granger has been arrested, and an arrest warrant has been issued for Nelson.

Latrell Nelson
Leon Granger
Leon Granger

“The day that it happened, he went to go stay the night at a friend’s house and she thought he was there the whole time and one of the boys had called her, I think around 12, and was like hey, Xzavion didn’t come back last night,” Cisneros said. 

According to court documents, that night, “numerous juveniles had been in the Raindance Apartment complex” near NW 122nd and Penn and “were breaking into vehicles in the parking lots.” 

At one point, Granger and Nelson came out of an apartment and “yelled at them for breaking into their truck and then fired numerous gunshots at them.” 

The documents go on to say, “while running away, one of the juveniles had dropped an imitation firearm.” 

They then called Delton, one of their friends, and asked him to pick them up. 

When Delton got there, he began searching for the gun. That’s when the two suspects allegedly shot him. 

According to the documents, Delton took off running after being hit by the bullets and eventually collapsed, dying in the ravine. 

“My friend, she’s just taking it one day at a time,” Cisneros said. 

Xzavion Delton
Xzavion Delton

Cisneros created a Go Fund Me page to help her friend give Delton, her oldest son, a proper burial. 

“Xzavion was a really, really good kid. He was active in church. He went to church every Wednesday,” she said. “It’s really heartbreaking.”