WEATHERFORD, Okla. (KFOR) – Two men shot each other during what Weatherford police say was a possible robbery at an apartment complex across from the Southwestern Oklahoma State University campus on Tuesday.
Police were called at 5:23 p.m. to an apartment complex in the 100 block of East University Drive in Weatherford regarding shots being fired, a Weatherford Police Department official said.
Officers arrived and found two men shot.
“Further investigation revealed the suspect had a gun then shot the victim. The victim then pulled his gun and shot the suspect,” the official said.
Both men were taken to a hospital, but were later transferred to a hospital in Oklahoma City for further treatment.
The men shot each other during a possible robbery, the official said.
SWOSU officials sent an alert to students following the shooting.
The investigation is active and ongoing.
- Thunder Get Ready for Training Camp With Fresh Faces
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening
- Dr. Scott Atlas resigns as coronavirus adviser to President Trump
- California could run out of ICU beds by Christmas due to COVID-19, officials say
- A mysterious object is expected to whizz past Earth tomorrow