Two Oklahomans die from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

Local
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Firefighters in Oklahoma City say two people have died from what they believe is carbon monoxide poisoning in the past few days.

Around 5 p.m. on Oct. 28, firefighters were called to a home in the 2100 block of S.W. 22nd St. on a medical call.

When fire crews arrived, they found the body of a man inside a bedroom of the home. Officials say a generator was located in another room next to an open window.

Around 10:45 a.m. on Friday, crews were also called to a medical call in the 1200 block of S. May Ave.

Firefighters ultimately found an adult man dead inside of a commercial structure. A generator was also found inside the building and firefighters reported 800 ppm of carbon monoxide.

Officials say it is important to know that generators should only be used outside in a way that exhaust and deadly carbon monoxide will not go into the home.

You should not use generators in the garage even with the doors open. Also, make sure that you have a working carbon monoxide alarm in your home.

LATEST STORIES:

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured

More Featured Stories

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Daily Oklahoma Coronavirus Data

Contact In Your Corner Team

Latest News

More News

SCAN ME: KFOR App QR Code

image of QR Code

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original

Popular

Follow @KFOR on Twitter

Border Report

More Border Report