NORMAN, Okla. (KFOR) – An upside down United States flag with the message “Tom Cole Insurrectionist Enabler” inscribed on it was placed outside the Norman office of U.S. Rep. Tom Cole.
Cole, who serves Oklahoma’s 4th congressional district, voted against the Electoral College vote to confirm President-elect Joe Biden as the newly elected U.S. President, hours after a mob of Trump supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol, disrupting an earlier vote count.
The mob stormed the U.S. Capitol Complex on Wednesday, Jan. 6, damaging property and injuring Capitol police officers as Vice President Mike Pence and a joint session of Congress were counting Electoral College votes.
KFOR reached out to Cole regarding the upside down flag and received the following response:
“Taking criticism is part of being an elected official. But no one should ever disrespect the American flag when making their point.”U.S. Rep. Tom Cole
- Oklahoma City first responders say no one injured after car sandwiched between two trains
- OSDH: Over 200 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Oklahoma
- AG: Oklahoma returns hydroxychloroquine stockpile for refund
- OU Health Nurse Navigator honored as ‘Superhero in Scrubs’
- Newsfeed Now: Colorado lawmaker under fire after calling colleague ‘Buckwheat’; Hospice grants daughter’s last wish for father