According to the Wichita Police Department, 34-year-old Benjamin Brady stole the car at a liquor store around 6:50 p.m. Sunday.
Around 8 p.m., Oklahoma troopers found the car and got it stopped at the Pilot Station on US 60 just west of I-35 in Tonkawa – about 22 miles south of the state line.
OHP officials say Trooper Tyler Langston and Trooper Robert Regnier were able to detain the driver and secure the little girl, who was unharmed.
Authorities reunited the child with her family that very same night.
The Tonkawa Police Department, Kay County Sheriff’s Office and Tonkawa Tribal Police also assisted in the arrest, according to OHP.
Brady was booked into the Kay County jail on the following complaints:
- Driving under suspended license
- Failure to stop for law enforcement
- Unauthorized use of motor vehicle
- Abduction of individual under 15 years of age and crossing state lines
- Attempt to elude; putting others at danger
He will be extradited back to Kansas.
“We’re very thankful our troopers were able to bring this to a peaceful end,” said OHP on Facebook.