CANADIAN COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating a deadly crash that claimed the life of a Yukon man early Wednesday morning.
Around 1 a.m. on Wednesday, emergency crews were called to an accident on the eastbound I-40 service road at the Kilpatrick Turnpike in Canadian County.
Investigators say 25-year-old Kallan Smith was southbound on the service road when his 2005 Chevy pickup exited the road to the right.
The truck then re-entered the roadway to the left and crossed all lanes of traffic before hitting a concrete barrier wall and a concrete bridge support beam.
Troopers with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol say Smith was ejected approximately 20 feet.
Smith was pronounced dead at the scene from massive injuries.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Mickey: Keys to Victory on Sunday
- Tiny Rubik’s Cube goes on sale in Japan to mark 40th anniversary
- Experts explain log lighters after investigators say one caused recent house explosion
- Oklahoma City Firefighters give advice on fire and explosion prevention