Man fatally shot by police accused of killing wife before officer-involved shooting took place

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – A man who was shot and killed by police Monday afternoon allegedly killed his wife before the shooting with police took place.

On Monday, at around 3:15 p.m., police responded to a domestic shooting near NW 122nd and County Line Road.

Police say an altercation between a husband and wife, Quentin Broadus and Caleea Broadus, had occurred and Caleea, 33, was reportedly shot and killed by Quentin.

A witness provided a description of Quentin and his vehicle, which officers found as he was leaving the area.

Police attempted to stop him, but he did not stop and led officers on a pursuit through northwest Oklahoma City for approximately 20 minutes.

The pursuit came to an end near NW 120th Court and Warwick Drive when Quentin exited the vehicle while it was still moving and pointed a gun at officers, according to Oklahoma City police.

Six officers fired at Quentin, striking him. He was taken to the hospital where he later died.

The officers involved in the incident are: Sgt. Chad Pickle, Sgt. Robert Allen, Sgt. Joshua Thee, Officer Clifford Beloncik, Officer Aaron Richards and Officer Simeon Alibrando.

They were not injured and have been placed on paid administrative leave.

Later Tuesday afternoon, Caleea was identified by the Oklahoma Department of Corrections as an ODOC corporal.

She was hired July 2, 2018, after she was discharged as a sergeant from the U.S. Army.

ODOC officials say she worked at Oklahoma City Community Corrections Center.

Support staff will be at the corrections center to assist men and women who worked with Broadus.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter