Metro elementary school evacuated following gas leak

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SPENCER, Okla. – A metro elementary school was evacuated Tuesday morning following a gas leak.

According to the Oklahoma City Fire Department, workers accidentally hit a gas line near Green Pasture Elementary School, located in the 4300 block of N. Post Rd.

Employees with Oklahoma Natural Gas were working to shut down the line, while firefighters evacuated the school.

Fortunately, the leak was easily stopped and children were allowed to go back to their classrooms.

See a mistake? Report a typo here.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter