TROTWOOD, Ohio (WDTN) — A woman was discovered dead in a walk-in refrigerator at an Ohio assisted living facility after she went missing early Tuesday morning.
When Maria Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation Center staff couldn’t find 86-year-old Sofiya Perel around 1:40 a.m., they contacted police and searched the building. She was assigned to the fourth floor but somehow managed to bypass the safety features of her locked door.
Officers and staff eventually found her in a walk-in refrigerator on the second floor of the building around 4 a.m.
The Montgomery County Coroner has not determined the cause or manner of her death.
Maria Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation Center did not immediately reply to requests for comment Wednesday.
Trotwood Police were still investigating Wednesday evening.
- World War II veteran that died at Pearl Harbor laid to rest in Oklahoma
- Norman City Council amends mask mandate to include social gatherings greater than 25 people on public and private property
- ‘I honestly teared up’: Man finds massive 9 carat diamond at Arkansas park
- 1st deadly grizzly attack recorded in nation’s largest park
- Who formally declares the winner of the US presidential election?