TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA)—A man was arrested in St. Petersburg, Florida this week on suspicion of stealing and killing a horse that was found butchered last year in Palmetto, according to the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies said the horse was found dead in a field after it was stolen from a stable on Dec. 1, 2019, and that it had been slaughtered for its meat.
Authorities said they obtained surveillance video placing the suspect, Eladio Garcia-Gasca, at the scene of the crime. The video allegedly shows him walking up to the stables shortly before the animal was stolen.
Garcia-Gasca, 40, was arrested at his home and booked into the Pinellas County Jail. He is charged with grand theft and animal cruelty.
- Community gathers to pray for Sgt. Nelson’s family, recovery for Sgt. Wells and the Edmond Police Department
- Deer-related crashes expected to go up soon
- Hundreds of residents currently without shelter at The Regency apartment in downtown Oklahoma City, forced to evacuate
- Majority of Democrats want candidate other than Biden in 2024: poll
- What are the Jewish High Holy Days? A look at Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur