ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man spotted carrying a lectern belonging to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office in a widely circulated photo during the Capitol assault has been released on $25,000 bail.
A federal magistrate judge in Tampa agreed to the release Monday at a brief hearing for Adam Johnson, 36, from the nearby community of Parrish.
Johnson was arrested last weekend on charges of government property theft, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds and entering a restricted building without lawful authority, according to an arrest warrant. Johnson has not yet entered a plea to the charges, which were filed in Washington.
- Oklahoma state representative proposes statewide mask mandate
- Who’s the favorite to be named Super Bowl LV MVP?
- PHOTOS: Murals around the country honor late Kobe Bryant, daughter Gianna Bryant
- One year later: Remembering Kobe Bryant and 8 others who died in helicopter crash
- Two $10,000 Mega Millions tickets sold in Oklahoma