WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — Joe Biden broke the record of an old friend on Wednesday when he earned the most-ever votes cast in a U.S. presidential election, according to data from The Associated Press.
Biden has collected at least 70,159,899 votes in 2020 (as of 1:30 p.m. ET) compared to President Barack Obama’s record-setting 69,498,516 in 2008.
Of course, Biden’s vote total is expected to rise as additional votes are counted.
The former vice president is currently leading in the popular vote 50-48 over Trump.
It’s possible President Trump might also pass Obama’s 2008 record. As of 1:30 p.m. ET, Trump has 67,381,692 votes
- Thanksgiving 2020 Forecast
- Body of 19-year-old driver recovered from Lake Hefner about 100 yards from car
- Protest held after 15-year-old armed robbery suspect shot and killed by Oklahoma City police
- Dance teachers Pay it Forward by teaching dancing to people battling Parkinson’s disease
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees