HARKER HEIGHTS, Texas (KWKT) – One man has been arrested for the murder of a Fort Hood soldier found in May.
Brandon Michael Olivares, 28, was arrested and charged with murder on August 5th, after the body of 27-year-old Brandon Scott Rosecrans was discovered May 18th.
An investigation into the murder revealed that Rosecrans and Olivares were traveling together in the victim’s vehicle before Olivares allegedly shot him left his body by the side of a road in Harker Heights.
Rosecrans’ vehicle was found burning later that same night. The investigation into that incident is still ongoing .
In the last year, five soldiers have died violent deaths in Central Texas, including Specialist Vanessa Guillen, whose murder made national headlines.
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Mickey: Keys to Victory on Sunday
- Tiny Rubik’s Cube goes on sale in Japan to mark 40th anniversary
- Experts explain log lighters after investigators say one caused recent house explosion
- Oklahoma City Firefighters give advice on fire and explosion prevention