BENTONVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Walmart is adding “health ambassadors” to remind customers of state and local coronavirus mask mandates.
The retailer currently does not require customers to wear masks, but says its COVID-19 protocols have been adapted during the pandemic in response to evolving research and mandates.
The move to add “health ambassadors” at select store entrances comes after several videos have shown Walmart employees refusing service to maskless patrons.
In locations, such as Fayetteville masks are mandatory in stores.
The retailer also says there are signs posted at store entrances informing customers of mandatory mask orders, as well as other signs enforcing social distancing.
- Suspected 20-year-old drunk driver kills innocent metro man during pursuit
- Homeowner cries foul over flooding from baseball construction site
- Purcell police learn that 2 junior high students were in possession of unloaded gun at school
- Man in critical condition after shot in Oklahoma City, suspect in custody
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her