New information in search for missing 19-year-old Oklahoma City woman

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The 19-year-old woman missing for weeks is now presumed dead.

Loved ones haven't seen Ellaina Pechacek since Mother's Day.

Police have since arrested her fiancé, Travis Beadle, on a charge of first degree murder.

Right now, the family says they just want answers. They say it's been a grueling few weeks not knowing what happened to her.

Police did a welfare check at her apartment. That’s where they say they found critical evidence.

It's all listed in the probable cause affidavit.

The aunt told police she saw blood on the bedroom mattress, and blood spatter on the wall and on the surrounding furniture.  Crime scene investigators also said it was apparent the bedroom was the scene of a traumatic and violent act. Days later, Ellaina's mother learned her daughter's boyfriend was in jail.

“You never think something like this could happen to your child. Especially somebody that's so sweet," said Ellaina's mother, Rebecca Warner.

Police arrested Beadle Friday in Norman. But at this point, he's not fully cooperating.

“He confessed to killing her and that he wasn't going to tell them where she is,” said Warner.

Still no answers on Monday when Beadle appeared before a judge in Oklahoma County.

Warner says she last saw her daughter on Mother’s Day and says Ellaina planned to break things off with Travis.

“She was really stressed and this was his last chance. I guess he had, by that time, quit another job. She said 'I can't do this by myself' and she was going to kick him out,” said Warner.

Despite that, she says they considered Travis to be part of their family and none of this makes any sense.

“Ellaina would never hurt a fly and we just want to find her and bring her home,” said Warner.

Investigators also talked to Ellaina's employer, who told police she sent a text message after her last shift saying she was sick. They later identified one of those messages as coming from her fiancé.

The Homicide Unit is now carrying Ellaina's case. But the family is still asking for help from the public. They say even the smallest piece of information might help them find Ellaina. So if you know anything, you are asked to call police.


Report a typo

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter