No arrests more than a year after hit-and-run that left 2-year-old boy dead

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

SHAWNEE, Okla. - The small memorial to a life taken way too soon still sits along the side of Westech Road outside Shawnee.

It’s been sitting there for more than a year now and Aun’Dreis Tramble’s mom is growing increasingly frustrated with a hit and run investigation that has hit a dead end.

“There’s no point of ya’ll to keep going like if ya’ll just would’ve stopped at least. I’m not saying it would’ve brought my son back. But at least I wouldn’t feel like people are overlooking it and it’s nothing. I mean it’s a hit and run,” said Teola Walls, with tears streaming down her face.

The year that has passed since her son’s death has not healed any pain for Walls.

The fact that whoever did this has not been caught doesn’t help either.

“What they did is they hit him and knocked him out of the stroller. If they would’ve stopped, they wouldn’t have run him over. When they kept going he rolled up under the car and they just drug him,” said Walls.

It was back on May 27th, 2015, Tramble’s dad was pushing him in a stroller along Westech Road when the car hit them, injuring his dad and killing Tramble.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol investigators had little to go on.

Surveillance video from a nearby casino showed a white car speeding off.

They had three suspects initially, but all passed a lie detector test.

“We’re pretty much at a dead end as far as physical evidence and interviewing people and witnesses, things like that,” said Capt. Paul Timmons with OHP.

A piece of car bumper recovered at the scene was tested and shows it belongs to a white Grand Am, the same kind of car their initial suspects were driving.

But investigators also say that car has been ruled out.

“As far as I’m concerned, those boys are guilty,” said Walls.

Walls still feels like those first suspects were involved.

She says she will not let up until whoever did this to her son is caught.

“Oh no, I can’t. Like no, that’s my son. Like I feel like if I don’t do anything, I feel like I’ve failed him,” said Walls.

Highway patrol officials say they are still hoping someone with information on this case will come forward.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ
graphic of the Red Cross

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter