OKLAHOMA CITY – A busy street in northwest Oklahoma City was shut down following a gas leak.
Fire crews and a hazmat team responded to the scene near NW 150th and Penn at around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
It was originally believed that a contractor conducting boring work on Monday may have accidentally caused the gas leak discovered on Tuesday, but officials say that is not what happened.
ONG found the leak, which was believed to be coming from concrete around a fence post that had leaked over time.
According to the Oklahoma City Fire Department, 75 residents at Epworth Villa were moved to safety within the complex on Tuesday.
NW 150th St. between Penn and Serenita Ave. was shut down in both directions as ONG investigated.
Drivers were encouraged to find an alternate route.