OCFD: Extension cord causes fire in SW OKC

News

Firefighters believe the use of an extension cord caused a house fire Sunday afternoon in southwest Oklahoma City. Sunday, May 2, 2021. (KFOR)

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Firefighters believe the use of an extension cord caused a house fire Sunday afternoon in southwest Oklahoma City.

Around 1:30 p.m. Sunday, fire crews responded to house fire near Southwest 25th and South Pennsylvania Avenue.

Firefighters say three people and four dogs were inside the home at the time of the fire. All of the occupants were able to safely evacuate the residence. No injuries were reported.

Oklahoma City Fire officials say they believe the cause of the fire was due to the use of an extension cord. The fire caused an estimated $13,375 worth of damage to the home.

Latest Stories

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Daily Oklahoma Coronavirus Data

Contact In Your Corner Team

Latest News

More News

SCAN ME: KFOR App QR Code

image of QR Code

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original

Popular

Follow @KFOR on Twitter

Border Report

More Border Report