Officials: Oklahoma couple homeless after home explosion

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

[protected-iframe id=”d3dfa55fce67400017ef112738c15782-29519643-31344442″ info=”http://www.kxii.com/templates/2015_Sub_Video_Share?contentObj=476393903″ width=”640″ height=”360″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”]

ROFF, Okla. – An elderly couple is now picking up the pieces after their home exploded on Thursday afternoon.

Around 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, firefighters were called to a home in Roff following a reported house fire.

When crews arrived at the scene, the home was already engulfed in flames.

Roff Fire Chief Jeremy Grissom told KXII that an electric heater too close to a couch likely started the blaze. At that point, the flames spread to eight oxygen tanks and a propane tank, causing the home to explode.

Fortunately, no one suffered any major injuries in the incident.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ
graphic of the Red Cross

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter