Update 5.3.21: Robert Wileman was taken into custody just before midnight Sunday in Okfuskee County.
BOLEY, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are searching for an inmate who walked away from the John Lilley Correctional Center Sunday evening.
According to the Oklahoma Department of Corrections, staff discovered that inmate Robert Wileman, 43, was missing just after 6 p.m. Sunday. Officials say escape procedures were initiated immediately upon discovery.
Wileman is serving a 40-year sentence on multiple convictions, including rape and carrying contraband into a jail.
If you have any information on Wileman’s location, call the Oklahoma Department of Corrections at (405) 425-2570.
- Bill designed to better protect bicyclists signed into Oklahoma law
- Stimulus checks: Millions sign online petitions calling for monthly payments until pandemic ends
- Walk-ins welcome at Oklahoma City COVID-19 vaccination pod
- Nelly’s dilapidated Missouri mansion to soon have new owner
- Lightning sends chunk of Florida highway flying through truck windshield, injuring 2