Oklahoma City apartment complex catches fire, 5 units damaged; Sweet Brown explains

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – An apartment fire kept fire crews busy Saturday morning near N.W. 23rd St. and Villa.

The blaze broke out at the Chateau Deville Apartments and damaged five units in all.

Sweet Brown said, “Well, I woke up to get me a cold pop and then I thought somebody was barbecuing. I said, ‘Oh Lord Jesus, it’s a fire.’ Then I ran out, I didn’t grab no shoes or nothing, Jesus. I ran for my life and then the smoke got me, I got bronchitis! Ain’t nobody got time for that.”

According to the apartment manager, the fire started in a woman’s home who is bound to a wheelchair.

She was treated for smoke inhalation at a local hospital.

We’re told the entire complex may be without electricity for some time.

The American Red Cross is helping those families displaced by the fire.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Daily Oklahoma Coronavirus Data

Trending

Contact In Your Corner Team

Latest News

More News

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original

Follow @KFOR on Twitter