OKLAHOMA CITY – If you are looking for plans this summer, the Oklahoma City Parks and Recreation Department has you covered!
Seventeen spraygrounds and two family aquatic centers are opening for the summer, beginning Saturday, May 28.
Spraygrounds are open daily from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. from Saturday, May 28 through Sunday, July 31.
Beginning August 1, they will be open from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays through Monday, September 5.
Sprayground locations are:
- Douglass Park, 901 E. Frederick Douglass Ave.
- E.B. Jeffrey Park, 4432 NW 16th St
- Harvest Hills Park, 8235 NW 104th
- Lippert Park, 5500 S Shartel Ave
- Macklanburg Park, 11700 N Stratford Dr
- McCracken Park, 425 SE 64th
- McKinley Park, 1300 N McKinley
- Melrose Park, 7800 Melrose Ln
- Memorial Park, 1150 NW 36th
- Minnis Lakeview Park, 12518 NE 36th
- North Highland Park, 301 NW 81st St
- Reed Park, 1217 NW 12th St
- Schilling Park, 537 SE 25
- Sellers Park, SW 82nd & Villa
- Taylor Park, 1113 SE 70
- Wiley Post Park, 2021 S Robinson Ave
- Youngs Park, SW 44 & Youngs – will open later in the summer once construction on the park has been completed.
Earlywine and Will Rogers Family Aquatic Family Centers
- Earlywine Family Aquatic Center is located at 3101 SW 119th.
- Will Rogers Family Aquatic Center is located at 3201 N Grand Boulevard.
Hours of operation:
- May 28-30 — noon – 6 p.m.
- June 4-August 14 — noon – 8 p.m., Sunday-Wednesday, noon – 9 p.m., Thursday/Friday/Saturday
- August 20-21, 27-28 — noon – 6 p.m.
- September 3-5 — noon – 6 p.m.
Aquatic Center Fees:
- $7 per person 48” and taller
- $6 per day/per person under 48”
- $4 per person for non-swimming patrons
$5 per person 48” and taller
$3 per person under 48”
$4 per person for non-swimming patrons
Twilight fee hours: 6-8 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, and 6-9 p.m. Thursday and Friday
Season passes are available for individuals and families.
Passes cost $60 per individual or $180 for a family of four ($35 for each additional family member).
Season pass holders get 11 a.m. entry Monday through Friday.
Residents can buy passes Wednesday-Friday, May 25-27 from 4-7 p.m. or during regular aquatic center hours.
Also beginning May 25, parents can sign up their children for swimming lessons at Earlywine and Will Rogers Family Aquatic Centers.
Lessons are available for all ages and swimming abilities and cost $30 per child for an 8-lesson session.