OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Oklahoma City Police are investigating an officer-involved shooting that occurred while officers were responding to an armed robbery Monday evening.
Officers were called to the Okie Gas Express on Western and I-240 for an armed robbery just before 7 p.m.
Authorities say when the robbery began, an employee ran to the front door and locked it with the suspect still inside.
When officers arrived, the suspect attempted to flee through the drive-thru window.
When officers confronted the suspect, he refused to comply and five officers at the scene fired their weapons, killing the suspect.
- Social media influencer charged in 2016 voter suppression scheme
- San Francisco votes to remove Washington, Lincoln from school names
- Migrant massacre in Mexico shows urgency of restoring asylum, advocates say
- ‘Farewell for now’: Olympia beer pausing production after 125 years
- Rain Likely Early Saturday