OKLAHOMA CITY – An Oklahoma City home was destroyed after an overnight house fire.
It happened at around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday near NW 30th and Penn.
Fire officials tell News 4 five people were in the home, two adults and three children. They were all able to get out safely.
Crews say the fire appears to have started in a front bedroom, where the AC unit and two other items were found plugged into an extension cord.
The home did not have working smoke detectors.
Officials say the home is considered to be a total loss.
The Oklahoma City Fire Department provides free smoke alarms to any resident in need.
To request one by phone, call (405) 316-2337 or visit this website.