This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LUTHER, Okla. – An Oklahoma County man takes on would be thieves, holding them at gunpoint until deputies arrived.

The property owner caught a burglary in progress and used a pistol, firing one round, to keep the suspects there until authorities arrived.

The home, near Sorghum Mill and Luther Rd., has broken windows, tall grass and an SUV that appears to be broke down – all signs which deputies said may have led some to believe the property is abandoned.

Sunday afternoon, a car with three people stopped there.

Deputies said one man, Tyler Muck, went inside the home.

He had no idea the property owner wasn’t far behind.

“[The owner] shows up at the house, notices the front door is open and someone is inside,” said Mark Opgrande, with the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office.

The property owner confronted Muck, who ran out the back door to the car where two others were waiting.

But, the property owner chased him.

That man did not want to go on camera but said the suspects tried to drive away.

He said he fired one round, stopping them in their tracks.

The property owner said Muck and the others in the car begged him not to call police.

He did anyway, holding them at gunpoint until deputies arrived.

“It looks like they may have been trying to strip copper from some of the electrical lines inside the house,” Opgrande said.

Muck was arrested on a count of burglary and possessing burglary tools.

The two others who were with him, a pregnant woman and a teenager, were taken into custody but later released.

Deputies said the property owner had every right to hold the three at gunpoint, though they said it could be a risky move.

“That’s always going to be a scary situation when you walk in on someone burglarizing your property,” Opgrande said. “You never know what you’re going to encounter. You never know what they’re going to do.”

The property owner said the house has been broken into at least three times since July.

He said he’s been trying to keep a closer eye on things, which is why he was able to catch the suspects in the act this time.