Update: Oklahoma man wanted in connection to body found in tub caught

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Update 4/5/15: A man police say is responsible for the death of a man whose body was found in a bathtub in August of 2014 has been caught.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation says that Donovan Dixon  was captured in Louisiana.

Dixon had warrants out related to the death of Chester Morris III.

Authorities say Dixon injected meth into Morris after he had already passed out from an earlier injection of heroin.


ELGIN, Okla. – Police say a night of partying gone wrong cost an Elgin man his life.

Elgin police were called to an apartment near Third and H streets on August 6, 2014.

Once inside, they found Chester Morris III’s body in a bathtub.

They say the man living in the apartment, Mike Ball, initially told them he and Morris had been drinking together earlier that morning.

Today, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) revealed what they say really happened.

According to OSBI, the victim had actually been partying the night before they received the call, and not just with Ball.

They say Cynthia Carlisle and Donovan Dixon were there, too, and that the group did more than just drink.

They say that Ball brought heroin to the gathering that night.

According to OSBI, Ball helped Morris inject some of the heroin, and Morris passed out.

They say that Morris’ companions weren’t overly concerned.

In fact, they say Carlisle used markers and shaving cream to decorate Morris’ body, and that the group waited until later that night before they tried to resuscitate him using CPR.

When that didn’t work, they say that Dixon injected him with methamphetamine.

No one called 911 that night, according to police records.

In fact, investigators say Ball and Carlisle went to Lawton to buy more meth, and that while they were there, Dixon called to tell them Morris had died.

They say that the three tried to clean Morris’ body, and then Dixon and Carlisle left.

Ball waited until mid-morning to seek help. Elgin Police requested OSBI’s assistance on August 13.

Ball was arrested and booked into the Comanche County jail for second degree manslaughter and distribution of a controlled dangerous substance.

Carlisle was arrested as a material witness.

Authorities are still looking for Dixon, who investigators say was the last person to see Morris alive.

He’s wanted for second degree manslaughter and distribution of a controlled dangerous substance.

Officials believe that he may be in Texas.

Report a typo

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter