Oklahoma police officer loses home to fire before Thanksgiving

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

[protected-iframe id=”5bfcb49f25620b472353e88f7b6a55f9-29519643-31344442″ info=”http://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod/v3/anvload.html?key=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%3D%3D” width=”640″ height=”360″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” webkitallowfullscreen=”” mozallowfullscreen=”” allowfullscreen=””]

HENRYETTA, Okla. – An Oklahoma police officer’s family was without a home on Thanksgiving following a devastating fire.

Officer Theran Richards, with the Henryetta Police Department, says his family was getting ready for the holiday when the fire started.

“The garages were on fire first and then I tried to get a water hose, but the water hose was already burnt up,” Richards told FOX 23.

His wife, five children and parents escaped from the flames with only the clothes on their backs. The family lost everything, including items belonging to Richards’ late mother and his son, who died three years ago.

In addition to their belongings, the fire also destroyed toys and clothes that were being donated to children in need.

Richards suffered burns to his head, arm and leg.

At this point, officials have not determined what caused the fire.

Local

More Local

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

In Your Corner

More In Your Corner

Don't Miss

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter