OKLAHOMA CITY– Here are the latest updates for drivers from the Oklahoma Department of Transportation on ongoing construction projects.
The projects below are weather permitting:
I-44 ramps to I-40 close Monday night
The following ramps will be closed due to routine bridge inspections:
• Westbound I-44 (runs south) ramp to eastbound I-40 will be closed from 9-11 p.m. Monday;
• Eastbound I-44 (runs north) ramp to eastbound I-40 will be closed from 11 p.m. Monday to 1 a.m. Tuesday.
SH-74, US-77 narrows at Waterloo Rd., I-35 Monday night
The following locations in Oklahoma and Logan counties will be narrowed for bridge work:
• Southbound SH-74 at Waterloo Rd. is narrowed to one lane until 6 p.m. tonight.
• Northbound and southbound US-77 (Division St.) about 1.5 miles north of I-35 in Guthrie will be narrowed until 6 p.m. Monday and daily through Nov. 18.
I-44 narrows to one lane near N.W. 16th St. Monday, Tuesday nights
The N.W. 16th St. bridge over I-44 is closed through January for a rehabilitation project. A signed detour is in place. Closures for ongoing bridge rehabilitation:
• Westbound (runs south) I-44 will be narrowed to one lane between N.W. 23rd St. (mm 122) and N.W. 10th St. (mm 121) from 7 p.m. Monday to 6 a.m. Tuesday and from 7 p.m. Tuesday to 6 a.m. Wednesday.
I-44 closes near N.W. 36th St. Tuesday night
Eastbound I-44 (runs north) will be closed between NW 36th St. (mm 123A) and May Ave. (mm 124) from 7 p.m. Tuesday to 6 a.m. Wednesday for surface repairs. Drivers should use I-40.
I-35 narrows at N.E. 50th St. Tuesday
The right lane of southbound I-35 will be closed between N.E. 50th St. (mm 132A) and N.E. 36th St. (mm 131) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday. Ramps will remain open.
I-240 narrows at Douglas Blvd. Tuesday, Wednesday
The left lane of eastbound I-240 will be closed between Douglas Blvd. (mm 11B) and Anderson Rd. (mm 14) from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday for bridge work.
N.W. 27th St., N.W. 19th St., S.W. 25th St. closed at I-44 through November
Drivers can expect the following city street closures through November for bridge rehabilitation:
• N.W 19th St. is closed to through traffic at I-44 through mid-November. N.W. Grand Blvd. and N. Grand Blvd. on each side of the interstate remain open.
• N.W. 27th St. is closed to through traffic at I-44 through November. Drivers must locate an alternate route.
• S.W. 25th St. is closed to through traffic at I-44 through November. Drivers must locate an alternate route.
On-going Construction Projects:
S.W. 3rd St. closed; Shields/E.K. Gaylord narrows intermittently downtown through 2016
Drivers can expect the following impacts to city streets are closed for ongoing OKC Boulevard work:
• Compress Ave. is now OPEN east of E.K. Gaylord Blvd. and south of Oklahoma Ave. in Bricktown. Drivers should be aware of construction vehicles in the area.
• S.W. 3rd St. is closed at the E.K. Gaylord Blvd. intersection.
• Motorists can expect intermittent, temporary lane closures on Shields Blvd./E.K. Gaylord Blvd. through 2016 for ongoing construction of the new BNSF railroad bridge just to the east of E.K. Gaylord Blvd. The speed limit remains reduced to 35 mph along E.K. Gaylord Blvd.
• Motorists can expect intermittent, temporary lane closures on OKC Boulevard through mid-November.
Meridian Ave. narrowed, lanes shifted at S.W. 29th St. through December
North and southbound lanes of Meridian Ave. between S.W. 29th St. and just north of S.W. 15th St. near the Oklahoma River are shifted to new pavement. Meridian Ave. remains narrowed to one lane each direction through December for an ongoing widening and resurfacing project in partnership with the City of Oklahoma City.
I-240 lane, ramp closures at Shields Blvd., I-240 Service Rd. through 2017
Drivers can expect the following lane and ramp closures for ramp reconstruction as part of the ongoing I-35/I-240 Crossroads interchange reconstruction:
• I-240 is narrowed to two lanes in each direction between Santa Fe Ave. (mm 3A) and I-35 (mm 4)
• The eastbound I-240 off-ramp to Shields Blvd. and the westbound I-240 on-ramp from Shields Blvd. are permanently closed. Drivers must use the on/off ramps at Santa Fe Ave.
• The east and westbound I-240 Service Roads (S.E. 74th St.) are narrowed to one lane in each direction at Shields Blvd.
• This phase of reconstruction of the I-35/I-240 Crossroads interchange continues through fall 2017. The speed limit is reduced and drivers should plan extra travel time.
I-40 narrows to one lane at US-81 in El Reno through mid-December
Westbound I-40 will be narrowed to one lane at US-81 (mm 125) through mid-December for bridge rehabilitation work. All lanes will be open during the Thanksgiving holiday.
I-35 speed limit reduced, Lindsey St. ramps closed through early 2017
• The Lindsey St. bridge over I-35 and the Lindsey St. on- and off-ramps (108B) are closed through early 2017. Drivers should use the I-35 ramps at SH-9 East (mm 108A).
• Lindsey St. traffic is detoured on Ed Noble Parkway/28th Ave. S.W., SH-9 East and 24th Ave. S.W.
• Speed limits are reduced and drivers should expect delays on I-35, especially during peak travel periods, and plan extra time or consider an alternate route such as SH-77H (Sooner Rd.)
Wylie Rd., Briggs St. closed in Norman through mid-November
Drivers can expect the following impacts to city streets in Norman due to an ongoing city project on Lindsey St. For more information, contact the City of Norman at 405-366-5396.
• Southbound Wylie Rd. is closed between Lindale Ave. and Lindsey St. through mid-November.
• Wylie Rd. is closed just south of Lindsey St. through mid-November.
Covell Rd. lanes shifted through summer 2017; Sooner Rd. closed near Covell Rd. in Edmond
Drivers can expect lane shifts on Covell Rd. between Fairfax Blvd. and I-35 in Edmond through summer 2017 for a City of Edmond reconstruction and widening project. The speed limit is reduced to 35 mph and drivers should use extra caution in the area or locate an alternate route.
I-44 narrowed near Newcastle for turnpike project
I-44 is narrowed to one lane in each direction south of S.W. 149th St. (mm 109) near Newcastle for a project by the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority. Drivers can expect delays on I-44 in this area.
SH-74 narrows in Purcell through spring
SH-74 (mm 91) will be narrowed to one lane in each direction at I-35, just south of the US-77 South jct., in Purcell beginning daily continuing through spring 2017 for a bridge rehabilitation project. Drivers can also expect occasional nighttime lane and ramp closures on north and southbound I-35 at SH-74 (mm 91) during the project.