Oklahoma State looked to bounce back after their loss to TCU against Texas. The Horns took the ball first and OSU took it right back.

Jason Taylor II intercepted Quinn Ewers just 45 seconds into the game. Oklahoma State’s offense couldn’t capitalize, but ended up adding three points on a 41 yard Tanner Brown field goal. OSU had an early 3-0 lead.

It didn’t take long for Texas to respond though. Bijan Robinson broke off a 41 yard touchdown to put Texas on top 7-3.

Oklahoma State turned it up offensively. Spencer Sanders connected on a 39 yard strike to Bryson Green who didn’t have a catch against TCU. That led to a four yard Dominic Richardson touchdown as the Cowboys took control of the game again 10-7.

Texas closed out the first quarter with a 14-10 lead after Quinn Ewers connected with Xavier Worthy in the flats for an 11 yard touchdown.

The troubles continued for Oklahoma State in the second quarter. Tom Hutton had his punt blocked by Texas’ Maurice Black. Quinn Ewers then found Bijan Robinson in the flats which turned into a 41 yard touchdown reception. Texas in control 21-10.

That woke the Cowboys up. A scramble by Spencer Sanders with an additional 15 yard penalty after being hit after giving himself up running, Sanders found Brennan Presley on an 18 yard reception which led to a Dom Richardson touchdown run. His second of the day. OSU trailed 21-17.

Texas added a Bert Auburn field goal to take a 24-17 lead. Spencer Sanders orchestrated a great drive down the field in response, but inside the red zone threw a pass to Stephon Johnson, Jr. that was intercepted by Ryan Watts. Texas’ lead stayed in tact 24-17.

The turnover proved to be costly. Roschon Johnson broke off a 52 yard touchdown run to give Texas a 31-17 advantage.

Oklahoma State would respond yet again. Jaden Nixon broke off a 51 yard run and lost his shoe in the process to help set up Dom Richardson from a yard out again. It was his 3rd rushing touchdown of the half. The Cowboys trailed by a TD.

OSU had an opportunity to cut into the lead even more, but Tanner Brown couldn’t convert his 17th straight field goal missing from 48. Oklahoma State trailed at the half 31-24.

The third quarter proved to be relatively quiet until just over two minutes to play when Bert Auburn drilled a 33 yard field goal to give Texas a ten point advantage, 34-24.

The Cowboys drew closer though as Tanner Brown bounced back by hitting a 40 yard field goal to cut the Texas lead back to a touchdown. Sanders connected with Bryson Green again on another big play of 36 yards to help set the field goal up.

Quinn Ewers’ couldn’t get anything working and Spencer Sanders put together a great 12 play, 66 yard drive ending with an 11 yard touchdown pass to Brenan Presley. That tied things up at 34.

Oklahoma State’s defense bowed up and got yet another stop. Texas dropped to two for 15 on third down. And Spencer Sanders and Bryson Green made them pay for that. Sanders hit Green who broke a couple of tackles and took it 41 yards for the touchdown. Oklahoma State jumped on top 41-34. Sanders went 34-57, 391 yards, 2 TD’s, and an INT. Green had five receptions for 133 yards and the game winning touchdown.

The Oklahoma State defense again made not one, but two gigantic plays. Jason Taylor II intercepted Ewers, but came down awkwardly on his knee, left and didn’t return with just over a minute to play.

OSU couldn’t ice the game with a third down, but with Texas driving late Ewers was again intercepted, this time by Kendal Daniels. That put the game to rest as Oklahoma State won 41-34.

Quinn Ewers was 19 of 49 for 319 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions. Oklahoma State also held Texas to three third down conversions out of 17 attempts. Penalties made a massive impact in the contest too. Texas had 14 for 119 yards while OSU had zero.

Oklahoma State moved to 6-1 and 3-1 in Big 12 play as they face another massive conference foe next weekend on the road at Kansas State.