Oklahoma town mayor arrested on child abuse complaint

David Lee Guy

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BECKHAM COUNTY, Okla. — David Lee Guy was arrested Thursday, Oct. 8 after his juvenile daughter told officials he had repeatedly slapped her.

Guy, 38, is the mayor of Erick, Okla.

Reports say on Oct. 7, the girl’s stepmother, Jamey Guy, received a notification that the girl had allegedly cheated on a test at school. So Jamey told her stepdaughter they would have to have a discussion with her father, David Guy.

That’s when the girl tried to leave the house.

Jamey Guy told officials she wrestled the girl to the ground to keep her from hurting herself of leaving.  But the alleged victim said Jamey tackled her and held her on the ground until David got home.

The juvenile told officials that when her dad got home, he grabbed her by the back of the neck with his fingers and thumb extending to behind each ear “in what appeared to be pressure point areas,” according to deputies’ reports.

Guy then reportedly pushed his daughter into a bedroom where he pushed her onto a bed. The girl was sitting on the edge of the bed when David Guy allegedly began slapping her.

She raised her arms into a defensive position, blocking her face while Guy continued slapping her with both open hands, the juvenile told officials.

Jamey allegedly told her husband to stop hitting the girl. When he finally stopped, he reportedly put his daughter in the shower and ran cold water on her.

Guy’s daughter reportedly spent the night at her grandmother’s house and called the Erick Police Department the next day.

Erick PD took the girl to Great Plains Regional Medical Center in Elk City to be examined.

Deputies reported that when they contacted the juvenile, she was very upset and visibly shaken, and she had a large mark on the lower left side of her face.

On the night of Oct. 8, deputies met David Guy in the parking lot of Erick High School, took him into custody, and transported him to the Beckham County Detention Center without incident, according to reports.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter