EDMOND, Okla. (KFOR) – Officials with the Edmond Police Department say they have arrested a stolen car suspect after a short chase Tuesday night.
According to authorities, a police officer was trying to pull over a car for reckless driving around 10:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The driver fled police near I-35 and 2nd street and finally stopped on Air Depot between 33rd & 15th street.
Officers on scene said a black female jumped out of the car and took off into the woods with a black bag.
OKC sent Air One to assist with the search. A K-9 unit also assisted at the scene.
Just after 1 a.m., a neighbor nearby said a female matching the suspect’s description came to their door seeking help.
The suspect was arrested around 2 a.m. Wednesday.
The suspect was scratched up from the woods, and was taken by EMSA and officers to OU to be checked out.
Recent KFOR News Headlines:
- 20,000 American flags placed near White House to remember lives lost to coronavirus
- Florida man claims dolphin attacked him off of Sand Key
- ‘Tell my mom I love her’: Graphic body camera video shows police officer shooting 13-year-old boy with autism
- Here’s your Tuesday afternoon forecast. Happy first day of Fall Oklahoma!
- ODOC employees working in ‘hot spot’ facilities to get hazard pay