OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – One of the suspects involved in a shooting at 7-Eleven near Southwest 29th and May has been arrested.
Police were called to the gas station around 8:30 Saturday night. The victim was filling up his bicycle tires at the air pump when one of the suspects approached him. After some sort of altercation, another suspect drove up and shot the victim multiple times. He was hit in the abdomen and taken to the hospital.
Police followed one of the suspects to a house near Southwest 48th and Woodward. He was in a standoff with police for several hours overnight.
“They went up there, and they started naming the suspect, and then a lot more cops just pulled up, and they say nobody would come outside,” neighbor David Arias said. “I was just watching through the window, and I was like, ‘wow.'”
He says he just wants to keep his family safe.
“I don’t want nothing to happen to my daughter or anything, my kid or my family,” he said.
The suspect finally surrendered to police around 3:30 Sunday morning. His identity has not been released. As of last check, the second suspect remains outstanding.
- Police: Chase ends with stolen vehicle crashing into creek
- Oklahoma City police investigating shooting
- Nurse pulls 3 newborns out of hospital hit by the Beirut blast
- Biden no longer coming to Milwaukee to accept presidential nomination
- Tracking the Tropics: Experts update hurricane season forecast to ‘extremely active’ with 24 named storms