OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Officials say one person has died following a house fire on the city’s southwest side.
Around 6:20 a.m. on Friday morning, Oklahoma City firefighters were called to a house fire near S.W. 90th and May Ave.
When fire crews arrived on the scene, they noticed heavy flames coming from an attached garage and the roof of a home. A woman at the scene told firefighters that a man was still trapped inside the burning structure.
Officials say they found the man lying in a hallway and pulled him from the home. Initially, authorities said the man was rushed to a local hospital with critical injuries.
Hours later, fire officials announced that he did not survive.
The fire has been classified as accidental after an improperly discarded cigarette was deemed the cause of the blaze.