ORU student saves stranger choking at Whole Foods

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Unfortunate Incident Turns Into Friendship

TULSA, Okla. – Mason Miles was enjoying a casual dinner with friends at Whole Foods when she began choking.

“All of a sudden, I like couldn’t breathe,” Miles told KJRH. 

As Miles’ face began to turn red, a stranger spotted what was happening and rushed to help.

“Oh my gosh, I think that girl is choking,” Antonio Guajardo, an ORU freshman, said. “I look over and you could definitely tell she was choking.”

Guajardo performed the Heimlich maneuver on Miles, and it worked.

“He goes, ‘I know the Heimlich, I think,’ and so he did the Heimlich- pot sticker goes flying and I could breathe again,” Miles said.

Miles and Guajardo both attend Oral Roberts University, and a friendship has bloomed from their chance encounter.

“The Lord has us and knew he was in the right place, and he knew the Heimlich,” Miles said. “No one else knew what they were doing.”

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ
graphic of the Red Cross

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter