OKLAHOMA CITY – The YMCA OF GREATER OKLAHOMA CITY is partnering with OU Physicians to provide free health screenings to the community.
Screenings will begin on January 10, 2014 and continue for several months.
“At the Y, we know that fitness and well being are so much more than just working out, said Angela Jones, Director of Health and Wellness Initiatives for the Y. ‘That`s why the Y is proud to team up with OU Physicians to offer a variety of screenings to our members and the public. It`s just one more way we can help our community live healthier lives.”
Participants can be screened at no cost for total cholesterol and glucose profile, height/weight/body fat analysis and blood pressure.
There will be a physician present to go over results with patients and answer any questions they may have.
Fasting is encouraged for the most accurate results, but if participants begin to feel shakiness or dizziness, they are encouraged to eat before the screening. Black coffee and water consumption will not alter results.
Jan.10 – EDWARD L. GAYLORD DOWNTOWN YMCA, 1 NW 4th St., Oklahoma City; (405) 297-7700
· Jan. 17 – ROCKWELL PLAZA YMCA, 8300 Glade Ave., Oklahoma City; (405) 621-5858
· Jan. 24 – EARLYWINE PARK YMCA, 11801 S May Ave., Oklahoma City; (405) 378-0420
· Jan. 31 – GUTHRIE YMCA, 114 E Oklahoma Ave., Guthrie; (405) 282-8206
· Feb. -CHICKASHA AREA YMCA, 725 W Chickasha Ave., Chickasha; (405) 224-2281
· Feb. 14- MIDWEST CITY YMCA, 2817 N Woodcrest Dr., Midwest City; (405) 733-9622
· Feb. 21 – EDMOND YMCA, 1220 S. Rankin St., Edmond; (405) 348-9622
· Feb 28 – BETHANY YMCA, 3400 N. Mueller Ave., Bethany; (405) 789-0231
· Mar. 7 – NORTH SIDE YMCA, 10000 N Penn Ave., Oklahoma City; (405) 751-6363
Each screening is offered at no cost and is available to adults, age 18 and older, regardless of Y membership.
There is no appointment necessary, and each participant will be seen on a first come, first serve basis.