Passerby saves woman from burning home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A Good Samaritan rescued a woman from her burning home late Sunday night.

Firefighters are investigating a house fire that sparked about midnight Sunday night in the 2000 block of SW 86th Street.

According to authorities, the man was walking by the home when he saw the flames and pulled the resident to safety through a front window.

When firefighters arrived heavy smoke and flames were pouring from the structure.

"It started in the front bedroom," Oklahoma City Fire Major Mark David said. "This case is still under investigation. We know the fire caused about $40,000 worth of damage. The crews got a real quick knock down on it."

The victim was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

She is expected to be OK.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter