People inside OU medical left with no answers after lockdown

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY- A lockdown lifted from OU Medical after police say a brawl of more than 30 people broke out just inside the north, main entrance.

Trauma was never diverted, officials say.

The lockdown lasted no more than two hours at the only level one trauma center in Oklahoma.

Oklahoma City police are not confirming how or why this fight began, but they say it could be connected to an earlier shooting from today or another recent shooting in the metro area.

People left the hospital with many questions unanswered.

“I didn’t see it all I know is when I came back out I couldn’t go back in,” a man visiting someone at the hospital said.

The hospital was on lockdown. No one was let in or out unless you were patient or guardian.

“I had to park my car over there and come and get it because of that,” another man said.

The lockdown finally lifted after the fight died down and some people were arrested.

Some people inside the hospital didn’t even know what was going on.

“I don’t know anything, again I was in the ICU unit, and I just heard about everything right before we left,” a woman leaving said.

The question remains – why the fight happened. Theories were already brewing around the hospital.

“The guy leaving outside the reason why is the guy came up here, he had already shot the guy and he was coming up here to finish him off I guess, so that’s kind of what I heard,” a man said.

“I guess the guy was bold enough to come up here and try to finish off the other guy.”


More Featured Stories

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News

Latest News

More News

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original


Follow @KFOR on Twitter