This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – One man has been arrested after two bodies were discovered inside a home daycare in Oklahoma City.

On Tuesday afternoon, officers were called by neighbors to check on the welfare of a couple who lived in a home near N.W. 122nd St. and May Ave.

When police arrived, they found 20-year-old Quinton Dashawn Laster outside of the home.

Authorities learned that Laster went to a neighbor’s home and asked them to call 911.

He stayed at the house until officers arrived on the scene.

As they made their way inside, they found the bodies of 78-year-old James Earl Reed and 59-year-old Sharon Reed.

According to officials with the Oklahoma City Police Department, the victims had been shot and decapitated.

“It’s just a shock,” said Sharon’s sister, Brenda Jackson.  “Said their heads was almost cut off. And, they were stabbed. And, then, they were shot.”

Officials said Laster is the grandson of Sharon.

Jackson said Laster has no history of mental illness but does have a history of abusing drugs.

“I really think he must’ve been high on something,” Jackson said.

She said it’s why he got kicked out of his mother’s house.

“The drugs is what he had it out with his mother on,” Jackson said. “He broke all the TVs in her house and, you know, just really acted up.”

Jackson said Laster was kicked out of another family member’s house before the Reeds took him in.

She said he had been living with the couple for about two years with no trouble.

She said everyone loved her sister and brother-in-law.

“If you went over, you had dinner, you had a good time,” Jackson said.

“It was a crushing blow because J.R. and Sharon, they’re friends of ours. We talked frequently about fishing or about turkeys for Thanksgiving and stuff.  They’re just a really down to earth, absolute perfect couple,” said Hal, the Reeds’ next door neighbor.

Neighbors also said they never saw any signs of trouble at the home.

Everyone is now just trying to figure out why such a heinous crime would have occurred.

Family members told NewsChannel 4 the home was being used as a daycare at the time of the murders.

Authorities said they discovered three small children in a covered garage.

Fortunately, the children were not harmed and were later reunited with their families.

“Luckily, they weren’t injured in any way, shape or form,” said Sgt. Ashley Peters with the Oklahoma City Police Department.

Jackson said the oldest was only 3 years old.

Police said the children were in a different part of the house and don’t believe they saw anything.

Laster was arrested on two complaints of first-degree murder.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.