Police searching for suspect in Midwest City’s first ever triple homicide

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

MIDWEST CITY, Okla. - Police are investigating Midwest City's first ever triple homicide, according to police.

The homicide was reported around 8:45 p.m. Saturday at a house in the 500 block of E. Babb.

Police said a 911 caller told them "something bad" happened at the house.

Upon arrival, they reportedly found three men dead inside.

"It's just a sad situation when you have three lives that were lost and everything seemed to be fine and then all of a sudden gunshots erupt and we have three dead inside the home," said Midwest City Police Chief Brandon Clabes.

Police said they are searching for a suspect and this was "not a random act."

A press conference was held around 2:30 p.m. Sunday to release more detailed information and the suspect's description.

At the conference, police identified the suspect as 42-year-old Ramon Pugh.

Pugh is a convicted felon who has done time for shooting with intent to kill, gun possession and cocaine possession.

He was charged with first-degree murder in 1997 but was acquitted by a jury.

Police said Pugh is armed, dangerous and a threat to society, and is believed to be in the metro area.

"He's killed three people and we don't know if he's going to be violent in society with the public, with someone who would approach him or law enforcement," Clabes said. "So we're going to tell our men and women in blue to be careful if they come in contact with Mr. Pugh."

The victims were also identified as 51-year-old Terrence Jackson, 39-year-old Donielle Gregory and 39-year-old Darrel Barksdale Jr.

Police say the victims and the suspect were together in the house for hours before the shooting. It's not clear why things turned violent.

Pugh was a regular visitor at the duplex, which belonged to his girlfriend, Clabes said. When she heard gunshots, she grabbed her 10-year-old daughter and headed out a back window.

"She then got in her car, heard more gunshots and as he was trying to leave the scene, Mr. Pugh came up to the driver's window of her car and said 'I'm gone,' " Clabes said. "She initially thought he was going to shoot her which he did not and we're grateful for."

The woman then called her mother who called 911.

Pugh ran from the scene, Clabes said.

If you have any information, contact police or call 911.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ
graphic of the Red Cross

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter