OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Police are investigating a shooting that happened Friday night just south of I-240 and Shartel Avenue.
Police say the victim is a woman. They believe a former girlfriend of the victim’s boyfriend was the one who pulled the trigger during some kind of fight.
“I heard a couple of gunshots, sounded really close, and then I heard a lot of sirens, saw flashing lights,” neighbor Cindy Burkett said.
She says she never expected something like this to happen so close to home.
“[I] was very concerned because I have children and grandchildren. There’s a lot of kids here. This is really quiet over here, so I was very concerned,” she said.
The victim was shot twice in the leg and rushed to the hospital. She is expected to recover.
“I’m glad to hear it wasn’t like a random type thing, it was an argument or something between some people, but I hope everybody’s okay, and I pray for the families,” Burkett said.
So far, no arrests have been made. If you have any information, call Oklahoma City Police.
“People need to try to control their anger a little bit. I know these are rough times right now, but you got to think about your consequences,” Burkett said.
- Silver Star Interactive: Cowboys stumble against Arizona
- Tracking an early season Arctic Blast heading for Oklahoma!
- Ohio felon accused of using Kool-Aid packet to ring up $994 in charges at Florida Walmart
- ‘I was so scared’: Pumpkin thrown off overpass smashes through student’s windshield
- Omni Oklahoma City Hotel preparing for January opening