This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 2 (16 ounce) packages beef frankfurters
- 16 wooden skewers
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, sugar and baking powder. Stir in egg and milk.
- Preheat oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Insert wooden skewers into frankfurters. Roll frankfurters in batter until well coated.
- Fry 2 or 3 corn dogs at a time until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.