This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – The days are getting colder and shorter, but this apple butter cake recipe is sure to warm and cheer you right up.
- 2 cups Shawnee Mills All-Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Hiland Butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs eggs
- 1 cup Garden Club Apple Butter
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped to the same size as the pecans
- Blend together butter, sugar, eggs and apple butter until creamy.
- Mix in the flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon.
- Fold in the pecans and apricots.
- Bake in greased small bundt pans or large muffin tins at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.