OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – These popcorn balls are scary good and easily made in a cupcake pan.
- 12 cups air-popped popcorn
- 3 tablespoons Hiland unsalted butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package of mini marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11-ounce) package caramel candies, unwrapped for melting
- 1 cup chopped Miller Pecan Co. pecans
- 2 bars Bedre chocolate bars
- 1/4 cup Hiland heavy cream
- Festive cupcake toppings and sprinkles
Place 12 cups fully popped popcorn into a large mixing bowl.
Melt butter in medium-sized sauce pan on low heat. Add marshmallows, vanilla and salt and stir until melted. Pour over popcorn and stir until evenly coated. Form cupcakes into mold and insert 6-inch skewer into each ball. Work quickly before marshmallow mixture gets stiff.
Melt caramel candies in the microwave, stirring every 10 seconds. Once you get a smooth sauce-like consistency, dip the base of each popcorn cupcake into the caramel, then into the chopped pecans.
Heat chocolate bars and heavy cream in the microwave, stirring every 10 seconds. Once you get a smooth texture and the chocolate is pourable, drizzle over popcorn cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles.