This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Update: 10/9/2014 – Health officials say the Dallas County Deputy is showing no signs of Ebola.

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas said in a statement Thursday that Michael Monnig is in good condition one day after he was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

According to NBCDFW, Monnig was one of the deputies who went inside the Dallas apartment where Thomas Eric Duncan was staying. Monnig did not have contact with Duncan, but did see some of Duncan’s family members now in isolation.

“The risk is extremely low because this individual didn’t have contact with the Ebola patient, but we want to err on the side of caution,” Texas Department of State Health Services Commissioner Dr. David Lakey said in a statement. “We understand there’s a lot of anxiety in the community, and we hope getting test results back will help calm those fears.”

The Texas Department of State Health Services completed testing of the specimen submitted today and the result is negative for Ebola.

FRISCO, Texas (NBC) – Authorities in Frisco say they are investigating whether another person in Texas has been infected with the Ebola virus.

According to KXAS, a person was transported to a Dallas hospital after claiming to have symptoms of Ebola.

Officials with the City of Frisco say the patient in Frisco says they had contact with family members of Thomas Eric Duncan, the first person diagnosed with the virus on American soil.

Duncan passed away on Wednesday morning from the Ebola virus.

Fire officials in Frisco say they were called to Frisco’s CareNow around 12:32 p.m. on Wednesday.

Authorities say the man told employees at the clinic that he had contact with Duncan’s family members and was experiencing some of the symptoms of Ebola.

Fire officials say he was experiencing several of the symptoms that the CDC asked health care workers to look out for related to Ebola.

However, he did not have all of the symptoms listed.

NBC says the patient in Frisco is a sheriff’s deputy who was inside the apartment where Duncan was staying.

The man had contact with Duncan’s family members but did not have direct contact with Duncan.

That patient was transported from a Frisco CareNow clinic to Texas Health Resources in Dallas on Wednesday afternoon.

Now, authorities are watching 14 people, including doctors, nurses and other patients at the clinic to see if they show symptoms of the virus.

The Mayor of Frisco, Maher Maso, says the risk for this to be a second case of Ebola “is minimal” but they are taking all precautions to make sure nothing is overlooked.

Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the CDC, held a news conference on Wednesday to discuss Duncan’s death and what other precautions Americans will take to prevent Ebola from coming back to the country.

Frieden was asked about the patient in Frisco and he said the patient did not have either ‘definite symptoms’ or ‘definite contact’ with Duncan.

Investigators are still watching 48 people who may have had contact with Duncan while he was contagious.

Frieden says 38 of those people had “possible contact” with Duncan and 10 had “definite contact” with him.

As of now, none of those people have shown any symptoms related to Ebola.

The man in Frisco is not listed as one of those 48 people.