Residents evacuated after early morning apartment fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

 

OKLAHOMA CITY – Four people were forced out of their homes early Friday morning by an apartment fire.

A fire sparked around 1 a.m. on Friday at the Chandelaque Apartments, located near Portland Ave. and N.W. 53rd St.

Authorities say a fire on a balcony spread to a second floor apartment and then to the roof of the complex.

Residents saw flames from the windows and got out safely with their pets.

Officials say 10 people evacuated the building but most were able to return home.

Firefighters say if the residents had been asleep, the fire could have done more damage.

See a mistake? Report a typo here.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter