Right place at the right time: Oklahoma officer saves baby choking on Halloween decoration

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

[protected-iframe id=”f8d283a28fc375cfb93cedc4296a3c62-29519643-31344442″ info=”https://assets.scrippsdigital.com/cms/videoIframe.html?&host=www.kjrh.com&title=Claremore%20police%20officer%20saves%20choking%20baby&uid=c96a75492c9843daa0036265da48a370&purl=/news/local-news/mother-credits-claremore-police-officer-for-saving-son-s-life&story=1&ex=1&s=kjrh” style=”position:relative;” class=”scripps_iframe_embed” local&width=600&height=360″ width=”600″ height=”360″ ]

CLAREMORE, Okla. – The holidays are just around the corner, and experts are warning Oklahoma families about the dangers of some decorations.

Hannah Norman was decorating her Claremore home for Halloween when her 7-month-old son, Jesse, started acting strange.

“I went to move him and he just started puking and I didn’t know… and he started to act like he started choking,” said Hannah Norman.

Amazingly, Norman spotted a police vehicle outside and brought Jesse to the officer.

Officer Brian Burnett, with the Claremore Police Department, had just finished a refresher course on responding to choking calls.

“Immediately when I took that child, it was like I was back doing those drills at the fire department,” he told KJRH.

After a few minutes of Burnett patting Jesse on the back, something came up.

“She says, ‘I see it,’ and she reaches in the baby’s mouth and pulls out a little pumpkin confetti decoration,” he said.

“I just want to say, ‘Thank you, you saved my baby.’ Like I said, if he wasn’t out there, I don’t know what would’ve happened,” Norman said.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter