OKLAHOMA CITY - A woman is safe after she was awakened by the smell of smoke in her house.
A woman says she was at her home near S.E. 22nd and High in when her house lost power.
She says she assumed she lost power due to the storm and went to bed.
Around 1:30 a.m., the woman was awakened by the smell of smoke.
She went to investigate the smell and saw power lines spark in her backyard.
When fire crews arrived, they saw heavy flames and smoke coming from the backside of the house.
Firefighters were able to quickly knock down the flames.
The back half of the house was damaged in the fire.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire appears to be electrical, but they are still working to determine the exact cause.
Fortunately, the woman was not injured in the fire.