SHAWNEE, Okla. – A Shawnee home belonging to a former major league baseball player is a total loss after it was struck by lightning earlier this week, sparking a fire.
Just before 11:30 p.m. Monday, fire crews from several agencies responded to a house fire near Bryan Avenue and Bradley Street in Shawnee.
The homeowner, Ryan Franklin, and his family exited their home safely after they heard a “deafening boom.”
According to the Shawnee News Star, a lightning strike “knocked down a portion of the home’s columns and the chimney also was blown off.”
The 10,000 square-foot home caught fire and due to limited access to hydrants, several fire departments assisted in battling the blaze.
The paper reports the home was a total loss.
[protected-iframe id=”16d9c92b007ef8b8c7f32c972cc8486f-29519643-98557584″ info=”https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpermalink.php%3Fstory_fbid%3D2654751117892451%26id%3D110095285691393&width=500″ width=”500″ height=”764″ frameborder=”0″ style=”border: none; overflow: hidden;” scrolling=”no”]
Click here to read more.