OKLAHOMA CITY – There are still no leads in a double-shooting that left a 14-year-old and his father dead.
Last Tuesday, officers rushed to a home in the 3100 block of S. Shartel in Oklahoma City around 7:30 p.m. after receiving reports of an assault.
“Both victims had been assaulted. When officers arrived, they found an adult male and a juvenile male,” said MSgt. Gary Knight with the Oklahoma City Police Department.
The adult male was identified as 45-year-old Pedro Banuelas, who was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The other victim inside the home was a 14-year-old boy.
The teen was transported to a local hospital in grave condition.
Authorities said family members found the two victims in the main living area of the home.
A family member told NewsChannel 4 off camera it appears someone shot them through a window, but police have not confirmed that.
Officers were at the scene for hours but said they don’t have much to go on.
“At this point, investigators do not have any suspect information nor do they have a motive for the assault. So, it remains an unsolved case,” Knight said.
Police said there were no signs of forced entry into the home.
One week after the shooting, police say the 14-year-old succumbed to his injuries.
Officials have identified the teen as Ricardo Banuelas, Pedro Banuelas’ son.
They are asking anyone with information to call the Homicide Tip-Line at 405-297-1200.